Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Accidental Tornado!

In the spirit of not wasting any potential surface design - accidental or planned - I placed some fabric under a larger piece I had hanging on my clothesline. The fabric on the line was hung to allow the excess dye to drip down causing a cool striated affect. The fabric under the line caught the drippings and when I washed and dried the piece I thought it looked like a tornado funnel had just touched down... yikes! 

Do you see a tornado or something different?

Detail showing the depth of the colors
What image do you see!

#surfacedeisgn #handdyedfabric

1 comment:

  1. Fun! It also could be a splash from a rock being dropped in the water...

    ReplyDelete