My most common result is a blue black.
I expected to see blue particles and was surprised to see yellow and red!
Next I folded the damp fabric (soaked in soda ash and water for 30 minutes). This time I used the "silk" black.
The silk black definitely has reds/browns in the recipe.
Switching back to the "new" black I discovered it reads a deeper black but still feels a little "blue".
I have a couple more blacks to experiment with and it's interesting to see the subtle nuances between the recipes. I've always thought of black as an "easy" color because it's so... black... kinda simple. I know better now and have a new respect for the color! I will continue to work and explore to find the "perfect" black.