Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Under the Sea Series

I need to include the idea of shells in my Under The Sea series. I gave some thought to the beautiful coral and soft cream color you find on the smooth inner side of certain shells. I don't know the specific names for shells but I see them all over the beaches and of course under the sea!


Color inspired by miles and miles of shells!

Fabric was soaked in soda ash and water.
Next I mixed up some coral, peach and antique lace dyes and filled squirt bottles.

Starting at the top of the fabric squeeze dye allowing it to run down. Once the dye runs down flip the fabric around to allow it to drip in the opposite direction for an even design.

Don't forget to lay a piece of fabric down to catch the dye as it drips.
You'll get a nice bonus piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment