Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

Monday, January 26, 2015

Fabric Paint with a Crinkle & Ice!

I love the instant gratification of applying color to fabric and watching it meander across the surface. For this blue piece I crinkled the fabric after painting and plopped a few ice cubes randomly on top. As the ice cubes melted it pushed the paint around and left a fun "crystal" look! 


I love the way the design looks like ice crystals.
Have you ever tried this before? Let me know how it comes out! 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh! Crystals! I love it! Have you ever contemplated fractals?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fractals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up what a fractal was! Wow - they are beautiful... will defiantly keep this in mind!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this! Definately another twist to ice dyeing - or better said ice painting - which I have to try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! I treally does look like ice crystals. What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Seta Color transparent paints purchased at Dharma! I'd love to see your results!

      Delete
  4. “Whether the vendor feels pressured or may later feel they’re owed cheap ted baker dresses  a favor — that’s why the law frowns on it.” Peter Sturges, who served as executive director of the State Ethics Commission from 2000 to 2007, ted baker dresses sale  said any gift valued at $50 or more raises questions under the state conflict of interest law. He said the provision forbids lawmakers from getting an “unwarranted privilege” as a result of their positions ted baker outlet  and carries penalties of up to $10,000 per violation.

    ReplyDelete