Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Typography Fabric for The Printed Fabric Bee!

Lisa Chin is this month's Queen of The Printed Fabric Bee! Lisa chose typography as her choice and the "hive" has been very busy interpreting Lisa's vision. I had a few ideas and ended up being drawn to a more whimsical approach. 
I watch the antics of small song birds daily outside my office window. Sometimes they seem to have a lot to say to each other and this is my impression of their conversations.
I started by painting and sun printing cotton.

Next I used some sweet little bird thermofax screens designed by Terri Stegmiller.

The text was another thermofax screen that Terri custom made for me - she is an awesome artist if you need screens or stencils!
Click here for her Etsy shop.

Here is Lisa's finished piece... and now you know what birds say!
Lisa will be announcing details for the drawing soon on her blog and The Printed Fabric Bee blog. Please hop over for posts from the other artists on how they created their custom fabric for Lisa's typography vision! 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Carol for your kind words. The fabric turned out great. But I'm having a bit of trouble picturing a bird saying "blah blah blah" LOL! Perhaps I should make a "tweet tweet tweet" screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweet... tweet.... tweet... yes - it has all kinds of implications from birds to social media!

      Delete
  2. This quilt is delightful! I met your mother and sister yesterday at the opening of the Then and Now show at the Windham Textile Museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... I'm so sorry I missed the opening! I saw pics of your piece... stunning!

      Delete
  3. Hey those BLAHs look familiar! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric is great fun & I'm really enjoying the fabric bee - love seeing what you all produce for each theme.
    Thanks so much for commenting on my thermofax prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prints are awesome and thank YOU for the kind words!

      Happy Creating :)

      Delete