Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Design in Honor of the Wind!

We had such high wind gusts the other night! It sounded like a train was coming... yikes! The next day I found this stencil of a wind blown tree - I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the artist who created it. I screened the stencil onto cotton using thickened dye... but it needed more! Next up I painted the surface with thinned fabric paints - but still something was missing. I carved a stamp of wind blown leaves. I think I'm done but it still might need a little something more... maybe flecks of paint?


What do you think is missing? Do you have a suggestion?!

3 comments:

  1. I like that motif, I may have to borrow the idea. I think you are right, it could use some strategically applied flecks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly gives a wind blown look. I can almost hear the howling.

    ReplyDelete