Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Thermofax Screens: Shore Birds!

I recently purchased a bunch of thermofax screens designed and created by Terri Stegmiller. She is an awesome artist with a wonderful whimsical style! I encourage you all to take a peek at her work and stop by her Etsy shop.

I've been trying to carve out time to experiment and had my first go with a bird design over the weekend. I love watching shore birds running along the oceans edge trying to grab a bite to eat before the next wave comes in. I had some fabric on hand that I call my "Under the Sea" series which seemed made for the addition of the birds.

Of course I ran out of time to fully create a design but I'm playing with companion fabrics and think I will end up mounting the piece on foam board vs. the more traditional hanging sleeve... to be continued!

Auditioning Fabrics

5 sweet little birds
I think I can create definition with stitching so the birds pop off the fabric!

Maybe this will work?!
I'm sure I'll spend the week looking at the design wall and trying other fabrics and who knows... maybe the end result will be completely different. That's the fun of creating art!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I can't wait to see how this finishes up...loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the birds you mean.... I often watched these birds at our local beach... very entertaining!!!! I love what you are doing.. can not wait for it to be created!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they need more friends... I plan to add more birds to get a real beach party going!

    Wish there were more hours in day...

    ReplyDelete